Sunday, January 22, 2012

Privacy Issues

Sometimes I find PlaGMaDA documents which include private information, phone numbers especially. It's always tough as to whether or not I should include these documents in the online file.

On one hand, the information is often vague, a first name and phone number without an area code on a twenty year old document is probably not going to lead to an invasion of privacy. On the other hand, I am not going to take a chance - such documents are always removed. If something absolutely spectacular included a piece of private information, I would simply blur or bar out the offending section.

For the record what I tend to find are phone numbers and email addresses. I myself have jotted down emails on character sheets or note pages while at cons, it's fast and convenient.

If anyone does find information like this on a document hosted on the site, please let me know by posting here - I'll fix it immediately.

No comments: